Sunday 19 May 2013

The Next Steps

After the visit from Val, we then had a week to make any changes and improvements ready for the crit on Monday. 
Once she had left, I started to make the necessary improvements. Using Firefox I was able to download some YouTube videos from their channel.


I have taken a screen shot to show the process I went through to download the videos.

I downloaded about 12 videos of 'Brighton Lights', before going on to cut the clips down to about 10 seconds. To cut the videos down I used a program called MPEG StreamClip.


To cut the clips down, I  dragged and dropped each clip into Streamclip.


Using the slider under the clip, I moved it to where I wanted it to start and pressed 'o' for the output and then pressed 'apple x' to cut the clip. When I moved the slider to where I wanted it to end I pressed 'i' for the input and then 'apple x' to cut it. To move the slider along a second I used the up and down arrows and to move along a frame I used the left and right arrows.
I created a new folder and called 10 secs and saved all the cut down clips into it. 


This is a screen shot of the clips in the folder.


After editing the clips, I then moved on to start working in After Effects. To save time, I opened up the project folder where I created my practise mock up and imported all of the edited clips that I had just been editing. Selecting the bottom layer in the time line, I held down 'alt' and from the project panel I dragged and dropped one of the just imported clips on to the selected layer. I did this until I had put in all of the edited clips. With the layers that I had left over I just turned them off using the eye image on the layer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment