Tuesday 21 May 2013

Changes

Based on the feedback that I received yesterday I have been making the necessary changes ready for tomorrow. The first thing that I did was add the borders onto all of the clips.



I opened each of the clips in Photoshop. 


Then referring back to the layer style, I clicked on the border image and it then appeared on the clips.


Finally I exported the clips by going on 'file - export- render video'


I gave the file a name and then clicked render. The rendering process of each clip took quite a bit of time.



After rendering all of the clips, I then imported all of the clips into After Effects. Using the 'alt' key I replaced the original clips with the new ones with borders. Luckily by doing this I didn't need to change/ add any keyframes which I had before replacing the clips. From doing this it lead onto me making another change which was mentioned in the crit session. It was suggested that all the clips should be opaque from the beginning and not transparent, so once I had put in all the clips I then went on to do this.


On each clip I highlighted the first opacity keyframe and changed the amount to 100%.

Another change that I made was to the text. Val said about giving it some depth, so in Photoshop I experimented with the drop shadow, inner shadow and the bevel and emboss. I played around with the amounts until I found one which looked right. This is what I came up with:


Finally I made some small tweaks, like sorting out the music, the song which was emailed to me was 4 minutes so I needed to cut that down so that it was the same length as my sequence. I also added the new text in, as well as speeding up the hands slightly which meant I needed to spend a little making the hand and photo adjustments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment