Friday 17 May 2013

Feedback/ Pitch

On the 22nd April, Val came back to see how we were getting a long with our ident packages, she also came to see our pitches for our TV packages.

I really didn't much to show her for the idents, which meant she couldn't see how it was going to really end up as well as her not being able to give much feedback on what I could do. However after she had left, I decided that it would be easier if I started again and made it all using After Effects and Photoshop. I spent the time on that afternoon looking for suitable and helpful tutorials as well as beginning to find the relevant imagery that I needed. 


This is a still from the clip that I showed.

We didn't get a chance to present our pitch to her, but she was able to quickly go around the room and have a look and tell us what she thought.
This is the pitch that I made for the Brighton Lights idea:




I put it in what they wanted in the package


I wasn't really sure on ideas for the Brighton Lights, so I listed some of the thoughts that I came up with.


Again these are some of the thought and initial ideas that I came up with.


Out of the list that I came up I chose to go with this idea, which was having clips/ images within the words 'Brighton Lights'.



As Brighton Lights is topical/ review program, I came up with a list themes, topics, events and places which are all associated with Brighton. The list also helps when it comes to thinking about the imagery and the clips that I wanted to use.



I did a rough mock up in After Effects as to how I wanted the text to move on the screen. The idea was that each letter would appear on the screen one at a time and then once all the letters have done that the two words would come a long the screen - from right to left.

I showed Val this and she suggest instead of having the images/ clips inside the letters, have the letters above and the clips/ images in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment