Sunday 19 May 2013

Green Screen

It was suggested during the feedback session it was suggested that once the screen was filled with the stills that they should pushed off the screen to reveal the words. 
So to do this I did a green screen of my hands moving like they were moving the images.





This was my first going with filming with screen. After uploading it and having a look, I opened it up in After Effects to see how well it looked on top of the images.


Once I opened it up in After Effects, I then went on to use the pen tool. I used this to get rid of the whites on the left and right side.


The screen shot above shows what it looked like after I used the pen tool.


The next stage was to get rid of the green background. To do this I first of all selected the layer, I then went on 'effect - keying - keylight'.


On the left side, next to the screen, this then came up. Selecting the pick on the 'screen colour', I moved over to the screen and over the green part I clicked.


Doing this got rid of the green and just left the hands. The hands were slightly faint, so I needed to use the levels to adjust the brightness of this. 


This is what my hands looked like after adjusting the levels. 

After doing this, I found that it didn't work wearing my watch. So I reshot moving my hands.





This is the second reshoot that I did, with this shoot I took my watch off. This time I did it various times, and knew that I could use Streamclip to cut it to section that I wanted. Some of the hand movements were not any good due to my cardigan coming into the shot. 



Having picked the section that I wanted and cut it down using Streamclip I was then ready to import it into After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment