Saturday 18 May 2013

Brighton Lights

Before I came up with my pitch, I did some brainstorming and jotting down ideas about what I could do for the title sequence.


This is the brainstorm that I wrote up in my sketchbook. The music was already fixed so I didn't need to think about, instead I just needed to come up with how I was going to present the title sequence. 
These are some of the ideas that I came up with:
- using the idea of a kaleidoscope - within the the patterns show places, topics which will be in the show
- perhaps having a glitter ball - within each section have images/ clips - have the glitter ball spinning around with a light reflecting off it, which ties in with the 'Lights' in 'Brighton Lights'
- having clips or a slideshow of images within the letters of 'Brighton Lights' - the letters will be pretty big and it when it plays it will give you a chance to see each letter - alternatively have the clips/ images in the background and have the words on top - perhaps use clips from previous Brighton Lights shows
- based on the name of the show, there could be a theme of lights
- there will be a grid of squares, each square would be an image with each strip being the same image or of the same theme - the background will be of two colours which could alternate in order - could try and see if I could play and experiment with the lighting in After Effects


This is the list that I came up with different places, themes and event which are either in Brighton or related to it.


This is a rough sketch that I came up with how I wanted the text to come on to the screen, I used this to come up with the rough mock up that I put in my pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment