Saturday 18 May 2013

Laying out the text


Whilst I was still filming the fish bowl, I wanted to present the text on a stone like I have sketched above. Although it worked well whilst I was filming it, I thought that it would be a bit to small for the station name to go on. 


This is what the text looks like on the stones in the fish bowl. I still wanted to use this idea for the one I made in After Effects, so I decided to just have the channel number instead of having that and the station name.


This is what I came up with in Photoshop. I used a displacement map to blend the text in with the stone.


After doing that I then went on to put in the station name in the tank. I thought that it would work pretty well having the text across the tank in big.


I did the text in Photoshop, I created two different coloured layers and moved the darker layer so that it made the text look 3D.




I sketched the layout for the text for the shorter ident. Due to the shorter ident only being 5 seconds long, I thought that it would be an idea to cut down the tank so instead of having the full length, I decided on just showing the right hand corner where the stones were located. I also decided that instead of having the full words 'Latest TV' just to have 'LTV', and from looking at the sketch I think would work well. There would be some fish swimming in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment