Sunday 19 May 2013

Final Touches

When talking to Andrew he suggested putting borders on the stills. In Photoshop he showed how to do this with drop shadows and strokes.



This is what the border looks like on one of the stills.



The border was saved as a layer style, which meant it was a quick process to add the border on to all of the images.


I saved all the images in a folder and went back in to After Effects to change all the stills to the new stills with borders. Using the 'alt' key meant it didn't take very long.

Text

I decided to change the way the text was set out as the Hollywood sign type text didn't really work with what has been suggested. During the last feedback session it was suggested having the text on the screen at the beginning. I stuck with the font choice, Haettenschweiler, but decided to go with a slightly darker shade of red.


On experimenting in Photoshop, I decided to go with using an upper arc for the word 'Brighton'. I found that the words stood out better and looked more eye-catching then if they were both straight.



Lower Thirds

I wasn't to sure about what to do for the lower thirds, so I took the text from the title sequence and used that with rectangle bar. I put it together in Photoshop, I dropped the opacity of the bar which is the same colour of the text and then placed the text on top.


In After Effects I made it so that it faded on to the screen and the faded off the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment