Thursday 1 March 2012

Developing Footage Ideas

From the discussion, I found that setting out the section of speech I wanted and going through it quite helpful as I was able to pick out bits of footage that I could shoot for each section. 
----------------------------------------------------------------



Someone with a natural nobility who was classless and who proved in the last year that she needed no royal title to continue to generate HER PARTICULAR BRAND OF MAGIC.
There is no doubt that she was looking for a new direction in her life at this time.
She talked endlessly of getting away from England, mainly because of the treatment that she received at the hands of the newspapers.
 I don't think she ever understood why HER GENUINELY GOOD INTENTIONS WERE SNEERED AT BY THE MEDIA, why there appeared to be a PERMANENT QUEST on their behalf to BRING HER DOWN. ­
It is baffling. My own and only explanation is that genuine goodness is threatening to those at the OPPOSITE END OF THE MORAL SPECTRUM.
It is a point to remember that of all the IRONIES ABOUT DIANA, perhaps the GREATEST was this: a girl given the name of the ANCIENT GODDESS OF HUNTING was, in the end, the MOST HUNTED PERSON OF THE MODERN AGE.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas
These are some ideas that I came up with from going through the speech and highlighting words throughout it. In my sketchbook I have started drawing some sketches of these ideas and I'm planning on experimenting with these ideas when I come to film it. My original idea turned out to be rather literal, I had planned on having a lot of candles and that was going to be main concept, however after having a discussion during lesson I reconsidered this idea and decided to think of something else, which ended up me doing this way of developing my ideas.

Royalsparkle, distorted colour light, crystal shape lampshade – light on it making it sparkle.
New Direction different type of lifestyle, living like a normal person rather than a royal/ someone constantly in newspapers. Having a drink of wine, cooking, cleaning. Objects – ‘home’ blocks, ‘home sweet home’ picture. Distort, make abstract, have close ups.
Newspapers – have screwed up bits of newspaper, which can represent how she might have felt about the media – perhaps burning or once it has just been burnt.
Permanent Quest – perhaps having something game related ‘quest’. 
Bring – could perhaps have a cup of water being knocked over or having something being bought down, having a drink being poured into a cup. Also there could be a marker pen being dropped to the ground.
Spectrum – the idea of the spectrum could be represented through colour and light, perhaps having some light make different colours.
Hunting – perhaps making a trail somewhere and film it following the trail, this could be linked when he talked about hunting. 
Magic - Sparkle, Colour, Light - Crystal Shape Lampshade.


RED WORDS - Keywords for the text element 
HIGHLIGHTED WORDS - Words that I picked out as part of coming up with footage ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment