Thursday 1 March 2012

Using Motion

After editing and putting my clips together, I then moved on to add some text. To do this I used Motion and then exported it and then added to my Final Cut project.


To begin I opened up the audio of the speech in Motion and dragged it into the timeline, which I opened up using 'F6'. The screen shot below shows the audio at the bottom in the timeline, what I need to do now is to start adding some text. I need to listen to the speech and stop at the point just before he says the keywords that I want to use.





At the point in the speech where Earl Spencer says 'Her particular brand of magic' is where I included some text. In the timeline at the bottom I paused it just before he said 'Her', then using the text tool I inserted the word 'her' I then did this for each word that he said of this phrase. You can see in the screen shot above the each word is staggered.

I have taken screen shots of each word coming onto the screen. I decided the layout of the text from doing some drawings in my sketchbook. I did the same steps for each bits of the text that I put into my film.


The screen shot above shows the timeline and where each bit of text is located on the timeline. After I had completed this, I then went on to export it so that I could move on and add it to my Final Cut project.


To do this I went on 'File' and 'Export', it then came with this window on the right from here I just pressed 'Export'. Now that it is a .Mov I can now edit this and put it in Final Cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment