Thursday 1 March 2012

Evaluation

Overall I think that this project has ended being pretty successful considering the rocky start that I had at the beginning of the project. I found coming up with a solid idea quite a struggle and it took me quite a way in to the project to come up with something that I was happy with. 


I'm surprised that my finished film was one of the most successful parts of the project considering the struggle I had with it, but I am really pleased with the final result of it and the comments that I received during crit gave me the confidence I was lacking during the making of it. I found I had slightly better time management as well, which is something I am not overly good with. I was able to show a finished product for crit which I found to be much more helpful especially with receiving points, but also with finishing off the entire project. I tried to keep up to date with my blogging, however there was a slight gap where I didn't fill in as often as I should have done and that is something that I will sort out for the next project. I am aiming to blog at least every other day, I think this would perhaps be easier for the development in my next project. I think that my overall film fits with my chosen speech and it captures the emotion and feeling of it.


As well as the struggle of coming up with a solid idea, I found using the software quite a challenge. I feel that I might have been a bit more at ease if we had gone through a few tutorials on effects and the basics right at the beginning of the project, rather than an odd tutorial a week before crit. Although I had a basic idea from using it during another project, this was one piece of software that I found quite hard to use. Looking back, however I think that I have managed to develop my skill in some way, which I think is reflected in my film.


For the next project I think that I need to aim on improving the use of a sketch book. I found that out of all the projects this was one where I used it the most, however I am still finding it quite hard to use it for development and ideas as I am still not use that way of working. As my time management is beginning to improve, I am just going to develop on that and aim to update my blog as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment