Thursday 1 March 2012

Using Final Cut Pro

Before I started editing, I made a new folder which is where I saved my project. In the folder I put in all my clips, the music and the speech that I wanted to use.




In the section on the left hand side I dragged and dropped the clips, music and speech that I wanted to use. From here I can now go on to edit my clips and come up with my film.



This is the order in which I decided to put my clips in. I have put them in this particular order because they link or I have tried to relate to what he is saying with the clips. As you can see they are all in black and white, I decided to do this because I thought that it would the emotion and feeling of the speech. The darkness of the clips creates quite a gloomy look and is complimented with the music.



To change the colour of each clip, I went on 'Effects', 'Video Filters' and then on 'Colour Corrector 3-way'.


The screen shot above shows what I changed in order for my clips to be in black and white. I was aiming to get the clips darker, I thought that this created a more sombre atmosphere. 


This is the timeline of all my clips. You can see there are some lines within the clips and some dots, these are made using the pen tool. By having these it means that each clip will fade in and out and the transitions between each clip shouldn't look as messy. Whilst putting all my clips together I did try out different filters and played around with changing the speed of the clips. I found the speed change quite a cool thing to experiment with and found that it didn't quite work with all of my clips, however with the clips it did work with I found that it look really effective.


The screen shot shows what my timeline looks like with all the clips, the music and the speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment