Thursday 1 March 2012

Changes to My Film

After receiving crit, I then went on to make the necessary changes in order to improve my film. The first thing that I needed to do was change the font. During crit I was advised on having a more elegant font that looked like it was flowing, which would then go with the emotion of the speech. 



I was shown this clip, which contained some font which was simple and some that was flowing and elegant, this was very helpful for me to see what effective results that I could get from the simplicity of different fonts.

Left: Gill Sans     Right: Snell Roundhand
After watching the clip, I decided that I would change my font to Gill Sans and Snell Roundhand. The use Gill Sans keeps to the simplicity that I was after and at the same time having the Snell Roundhand adds the elegant aspect that was needed. I'll have the beginning of each keyword in the Snell Roundhand font and will have the rest in Gill Sans, I think that if I had the Snell Roundhand for a word people might struggle to read it and it may not look overly clear on the screen.


The screen shots above shows what my text now looks like with the different text. I now need to export this and place in Final Cut.



This screen shot shows what clips now look with the different fonts. I am really pleased with the results and it definitely changes how the clips come across and it fits with the emotion and feeling of the speech. I have also added some new bits of text at the beginning of the speech.


My second change that I made was the clip of the Jenga blocks. I decided to replace this clip with a vase with some sticks being dropped in it, I thought this looked less literal than my original clip. The screen shot below shows the new clip and also what it looks like with the text from the film on it.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! this is nice article you shared with great information. Thanks for giving such a wonderful informative information.Visit university of newcastle australia.

    ReplyDelete