Thursday 1 March 2012

Compressor

Before I went on to edit my clips in Final Cut, I used Compressor to change the size of my clips. The idea of this is that it will make the clips quicker to render in Final Cut.  



To do this I first of all opened all of my clips in Compressor. I then highlighted them all and dragged and dropped the setting 'Apple ProRes 422 for Progressive material'. After that I then clicked on 'Submit', which is in the centre of the screen and then clicked on 'Batch Monitor' by doing that I could see the progress of each movie clip and see when each one had finished.



After I had done that, I then needed to sort out the movie clips into separate folders this was to make it clearer as to which clip is what. Above is the folder that I made for the original clips, I then needed to make another folder which contain the ProRes clips which is the result from Compressor.


The screen shot above shows the ProRes folder. From here I can now move on and start editing and putting together my clips in Final Cut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment