Wednesday 5 December 2012

Finalising Design Ideas

In my sketch book I have been finalising my ideas and making sure I know exactly how I want my eBook to look.
I have used the idea of the wallpaper as the main design theme of the eBook and in my sketch book I have done some layouts that I could use, where the content will still be clear and easy to read. I've also edited and collected all the pictures that I want and in my sketch book and on After Effects I have story boarded and started animating the animations that will be in the book.

These are my edited pictures for my book. I didn't do much editing to them, apart from changing the levels and adding a picture frame which I made using a wood texture. I used the dodge and burn tool on the frame to try and make it look old. In some of the pictures I've used the clone tool to fix some of the marks and bits that I didn't want in the pictures.




These are the photographs that my Grandma gave to me. Once I had scanned them on to the computer I found the quality of the pictures really good, however I used the levels tool in Photoshop to sharpen the quality which has made the pictures look sharper. For the picture frames, I found a bit of wood on the internet and in Photoshop I cloned and stretched it to make the frame. I experimented with the dodge and burn tool to give the wood a bit more effect and to try and give it an old look to it. 

I got these images from www.ournewhaven.org.uk, these didn't need much editing apart from adjusting the levels just to create a sharper look. The text images are in the idea of a cross stitch. I thought this ideas fits in really well with having images and picture frames hanging on the wall. To create this all I did was find a cross stitch font, and background. In Photoshop I put together the background and the picture frame and typed my text on top, to make it look more like a cross stitch pattern I used ' this to make a pattern; I made it red to make it look a little like flower buds.


I found the cross stitch font on the internet as well as the cross stitch background.



For the text part of my book I will use the research that I have come up and I'll take quotes out of the account, which will relate to the chapter in the book.

These are my storyboard sketches for my two animations; the introduction and camps.

Camps Animation


No comments:

Post a Comment