Tuesday 26 February 2013

Evaluation

Overall I have really enjoyed this project and its been one of my favourites. Although we've had less time on it, I found the length plenty compared with the last one where I felt it was too long. I'm pleased that I chose to do the UK Greetings cards brief and felt confident with the ideas that I was coming up with and using Photoshop and Illustrator to produce them.
I found with this project I made much better use of sketchbook, I found it easy to keep sketching ideas and updating with different ideas that came as the project developed. By the sketching that I had done in my book, it made it much easier when it came to making my cards, as I had something to refer back to and could see how the cards would roughly turn out. The part of the project which let me down the most was updating my blog. I spent more time with my sketchbook and experimenting and drawing in Photoshop and Illustrator, that I didn't spend half as much time with updating my blog on more of a weekly basis. At the start of the next project I am going to set myself more deadlines, to ensure that I get the balance of sketchbook, blog and practical right. Getting the balance is something that I have struggled with, so I think by setting deadlines will help me quite a bit. Finally I'm really pleased with the outcome of my cards and they have come out much better than I had imagined. I feel that throughout the project the design in my have developed really well and I think that I've managed to improve the cards each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment