Tuesday 26 February 2013

Crit Changes

After the crit, I then moved on to make the changes. I started off by re-sketching my ideas before moving on to change them in Photoshop.

Blank Cards


Birthday Cards


My designs are pretty much the same as before crit, however now the patterned bit will be on the inside right of the card. On the front of the card there will still be the cut outs. Now that I have done these sketches I can now move on to start making them in Photoshop, so that I can show the cut out on the cards as one of the comments from the crit was that I should show the cut outs.

Bird Card



These screen shots show the steps I took to make the bird card. I started off by making a square that was 159mm x 159mm and then added a bit to the top so that it looked like a folded card. I made the shape black and then added the pattern that I wanted in Photoshop, I then selected that layer and hovering between the two layers I held 'alt' and merged the layers so that the patterned filled the shape I just made. The next thing that I did was make another 159mm x 159mm and placed it over the top, I made a blue colour so that it was like the sky. I then opened the bird shape that I made and placed it into the document, using the wand tool I selected the shape and then rubbed it out on both that layer and the blue box shape it now meant that you could see the pattern underneath, which you can see in the second screen shot. After doing that I then added some grass a long the bottom, some clouds and legs, which I had all placed into the document. Then I added the 'Just a note' comment a long the top and then finally on the patterned part of the card I made a box where the bird would be which I left and the remaining part of the space I lowered the opacity so that people would be able to write.    

Cupcake Card



These screen shots show the steps I took to make the cupcake card. I started off by making a square that was 159mm x 159mm and then added a bit to the top so that it looked like a folded card, I then made it black. In another document I arranged the patterns that I wanted so that it fitted in with the arrangements of the cupcakes, ready for me to place in the other document. In the other document I selected the patterned layer and hovering between the two layers I held 'alt' and merged the layers so that the patterned filled the shape I just made. The next thing that I did was make another 159mm x 159mm and placed it over the top and made the colour of that pink. I then opened the cupcake case shape that I made and placed it into the document, using the wand tool I selected the shape and then rubbed it out on both that layer and the pink box shape it now meant that you could see the pattern underneath I did this 5 times, which you can see in the second screen shot. After doing that I then added some bunting, a cupcake stand and cakes, which I had all placed into the document. Then I added the 'Just a note' comment a long the top and then finally on the patterned part of the card I made boxes where the cases would be which I left and the remaining part of the space I lowered the opacity so that people would be able to write.  

Balloon Card




These screen shots show the steps I took to make the balloon card. I started off by making a square that was 159mm x 159mm and then added a bit to the top so that it looked like a folded card, I then made it black. In another document I arranged the patterns that I wanted so that it fitted in with the arrangements of the balloons, ready for me to place in the other document. In the other document I selected the patterned layer and hovering between the two layers I held 'alt' and merged the layers so that the patterned filled the shape I just made. The next thing that I did was make another 159mm x 159mm and placed it over the top and made the colour of that blue. I then opened the balloon shape that I made and placed it into the document, using the wand tool I selected the shape and then rubbed it out on both that layer and the blue box shape it now meant that you could see the pattern underneath I did this 3 times, which you can see in the second screen shot. After doing that I then added some clouds, which I had placed into the document. Then I added the 'Happy Birthday' comment a long the top and then finally on the patterned part of the card I made boxes where the balloons would be which I left and the remaining part of the space I lowered the opacity so that people would be able to write. I also added 'Wishing you a very Happy Birthday' on the inside page as well.

Candle Card




These screen shots show the steps I took to make the candle card. I started off by making a square that was 159mm x 159mm and then added a bit to the top so that it looked like a folded card, I then made it black. In another document I arranged the patterns that I wanted so that it fitted in with the arrangements of the candles, ready for me to place in the other document. In the other document I selected the patterned layer and hovering between the two layers I held 'alt' and merged the layers so that the patterned filled the shape I just made. The next thing that I did was make another 159mm x 159mm and placed it over the top and made the colour of that light blue. I then opened the candle shape that I made and placed it into the document, using the wand tool I selected the shape and then rubbed it out on both that layer and the light blue box shape it now meant that you could see the pattern underneath I did this 5 times, which you can see in the second screen shot.  Then I added the 'Happy Birthday' comment a long the top and then finally on the patterned part of the card I made boxes where the candles would be which I left and the remaining part of the space I lowered the opacity so that people would be able to write. I also added 'Wishing you a very Happy Birthday' on the inside page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment