Thursday 19 January 2012

Logo

As I was looking further into the Art Deco style and drawing the buildings in Illustrator, I began thinking about a good logo design that would look professional and would best resemble the whole regeneration project. 
I decided that I wanted to tie in both the ideas of Brighton and Art Deco together to represent one. I came across a poster whilst making my mood board, and a part of it stuck in my mind as I wanted to try and incorporate in my designs.

This is the poster that I based my logo design on. The black and white buildings at the bottom of the page was the bit that I particularly wanted to include. I thought that it was clean, simple and would look good as a logo on a poster. After deciding that I definitely wanted to include this, I needed to come up with a way to include a concept of Brighton. This lead me on to automatically think of the Brighton and Hove City Council logo.



Above is the Brighton and Hove City Council logo. I decided that I could perhaps use the image from this logo and incorporate it with the buildings. In Illustrator I experimented with different ways in which I could put the two together.


To begin with I traced the buildings which were on the poster, I coloured it in and drew some windows. After that I selected half of the image and moved it to one side, so that I had two separate images. I then moved on to copy the Brighton and Hove City Council logo, which you can see below.

The image below shows each image. I am going to put them together to make one image. Underneath I am going to have some text, I think that I will use the letters 'LRB' this will be a quite a big size. I will then have some more underneath that, which will say 'London Road Brighton'. Again I will have some more text under that which will say either 'The Regen Project' or 'The Regeneration Project', I'm not sure what I want to call the project.

This is how I want the text to be set out. I have used the font 'Bellerose', this is the font that I like more from the ones that I found. I thought that it looked clear and would be easy to read. I have also decided to have all the letters in capitals, I did try it with them in lower case, however I thought with having in upper case it looked more Art Deco.


This is how my finished logo looks. I am pleased with the outcome and I think that it will look good on my posters and on my leaflet. It is simple and to the point and people would know what the logo is for.




No comments:

Post a Comment