Thursday 19 January 2012

Evaluation

Overall I think this project was fairly successful and I am pleased with the outcome of the posters and leaflet, however getting there was a bit of a struggle. At the beginning of the project I found it a little hard to get start and get a solid idea that I could work with.


The bits that I thought were most successful, for me, was the drawings and the work that I achieved in Illustrator. After learning how to use this software in the last project, I found that I was able to develop on what I already knew and was able to produce drawings that I am pretty proud of. I enjoyed designing the layout of the posters and leaflet with my chosen art style and having the choice of style, although hard having it so broad and not just choosing from a few styles. I think that I have produced my posters and leaflet to fit with my style well and effectively and in a way that could appeal to the potential target audience of the project. The design of my logo was one part of the project in which I feel was really successful, I think that it looks professional and also fits in with what the project asked for.


I felt using InDesign was a bit of a struggle as it was the first time that I had used it before. After learning how to set up my leaflet  and once I got into making it, I realised that it was a fairly easy piece of software to use. However I feel that if there had been more lessons with tutorials, I would have had more confidence near the beginning rather than at the last part of the project. On the other hand I now have more confidence with using Illustrator, although there is still a lot more that I could learn to help me develop my skills.


Like with all projects I have done in the past, I struggled with the time management. Looking back I feel I didn't really get the right balance and didn't prioritise my time as effectively as I could have. As I struggled at the beginning to finalise an idea it meant that I was falling behind before I had even really started. As this happened it meant that it was rush to make sure everything was finished and to a good standard by the deadline. I spent so much doing all my drawings and working in Illustrator, I completely neglected keeping up to date with my blog and making sure my sketch book was showing the development of my ideas. I needed to have planned out my time in a more effective way to ensure that I spent equal amount of time on each thing in order to keep it all up to date. For the next project I am going to use my time in a more effective way. I have already made a time management plan, which I'll follow for the next project and I'm hoping I'll get everything done by the deadline and without it being rushed or unorganised. I am going to make sure that I blog at least once a day, this will help me to see where I am up to and see what I still need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment