Thursday 17 November 2011

Generating Ideas

Mood Board
To help me come up with ideas I made a mood board. These posters range from World War 1 and II as I wasn't sure what period I wanted to base my idea on. I really like all of them and I think they all individually stand out. The colours are pretty much the same in each, using mainly yellow, red and blue, which I think are the main colours for a propaganda poster. The three posters in particular that I like are the 'We Can Do It', 'Your Country Needs You' and 'Keep Calm and Carry On' I think this is because these are the ones that I immediately recognised and I like the simplicity in the designs.



Brainstorm
After making the mood board above, I then went on to make a brainstorm. In this I included the types of colour that I could use, the different periods and countries, the different web 2.0 social medias that I want to use and the types of text that I want to use. For the propaganda period I decided that I am either going to use World War I or World War II from either America or England. After making the mood board I found there was quite a few posters from these two periods that I liked, but I think that I am heading more towards the World War I side. I then went on to www.kuler.com which is where I found these five different colour schemes, in the search bar I typed in 'Propaganda' and these were some of the ones that came up, the colours are pretty much the same in each using mainly reds, blues, yellows and greens. There are two web 2.0 social medias that I want to focus on; Facebook and Twitter. I have chosen these two because these are the most popular ones and feel that I could be come up with the best ideas for a poster. I came up with a couple of characteristics for each, for Facebook I came up with the use of the word 'Like' and having an image of a thumbs up and for Twitter using the image of the bird and also the use of the hash tag and the '@' symbol. Lastly I then started thinking about potential layouts for my poster, having an image which will take up most of the page and also dividing the page up by having the image on one half and the text on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment