Sunday 27 November 2011

Generating Ideas: Fonts and Colour Schemes

The next stage is looking up and deciding which fonts and colour schemes that I could use for my poster.

Colour Schemes
www.kuler.com
I found these colour schemes on www.kuler.com. On the website I searched 'Propaganda' and these were some of the colours that came up. I noticed that the colours were pretty much the same, focusing on reds, greens, blues and yellows. Once I had found these I wasn't sure which ones to use, so I thought that it would be a good idea if I was to use my WWI mood board and pick out the colours to make my own colour scheme, which I thought would be useful to get an accurate look for a poster from that period.

These are the five colour schemes that I came up with. I picked out these colours from the WWI mood that I had made. The three colour schemes that I have boxed are the ones I am considering using, I think that I would incorporate these into my design and at the same time get the right feel for the period I have chosen.


Fonts


After looking at colours I then went on to look at different fonts. I found a selection of serif and sans serif fonts, which meant I had a good idea of which font would be the best to use. From my research I found that both sort of fonts are used, but I thought that the serif fonts would perhaps be better for a propaganda poster. I have two in particular that I like and I am considering using, American Typewriter and Lucida Fax, I have chosen these because I think they fit well with the period and at the same time is clear and easy for people to read when they come to look at the poster. I will also make the size of the font a fair size so that it stands out on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment