Monday 28 November 2011

Crit

After showing my finished poster to the group this was the crit that I received:
- Age the poster
- Add a sepia effect
- Make the face bigger
- Make the beak look more 3D
- Move the beak up and more central
- Add a gradient on the face
- Sort the white bits
- Perhaps there could be a gradient on the background
- Text executed really well
- Like the idea
- Make the whole image bigger
- Can easily identify the chosen period
I was really happy with the points that I got back and they were really useful in ensuring I end up with a great finished poster. There was a balance of really positive points and points in which I could improve on. Now that I have received my crit, I can now make the changes that I need.
Above is what my poster looks like now that I have applied the points that I received. I have tried to make the poster look more aged, which I think has been pretty sucessful. In this new version I decided to colour over the yellow bit that was on the front of the bird's hat, I think that it does look better with out although it still looked good with.
The screen shot above shows the two things I changed after receiving my crit. The first thing that I did was make the whole image bigger so that it filled up most of the page, I am pleased I did this because it made the whole poster eye catching and it also looked clearer. The next thing that I went on to do was make the page look aged. To do this I used a gradient to change some parts to darker colours, which you can see the result above. I then went on to make the page look as though it has been ripped. To do this is used to the pen tool to make a straight line, then warping it to that it made a triangle shape, I then filled it with a lighter which helped to create the ripped look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment