Sunday 27 November 2011

Generating Ideas: Web 2.0 Social Media

After coming up with a period that I wanted to focus on, I then went on to decide which Web 2.0 Social Media that I wanted to use. I initially wanted to use Twitter for my design but I decided to come up with mood boards, brainstorms and sketches for that and Facebook to ensure I make the right decision.


http://www.screenspace.org/wp-content/uploads/propaganda-posters-aaron-wood.jpg 
Above is some already made propaganda poster for Web 2.0 Social Media. These examples are helpful in seeing the types of things I could do for my own, and seeing that although you can have a simple design it will still look as effective.
Twitter


Mood Board
This is the mood board that I made for Twitter. I looked on the internet for the things that were relevant to Twitter and that would be instantly recognisable on a poster. If I was to pick Twitter than I think that I would focus more on the use of the bird and the letter 'T' as I feel these would be the best thing to represent Twitter. 


Facebook
Mood Board
This is the mood board that I made for Facebook. Although I found more pictures for Facebook, I feel that I am drawn more towards using Twitter as I already have some ideas for it. If I did decide to use Facebook I would base my idea on the use of the thumbs up symbol as this is pretty well known and would clearly represent Facebook in a Poster.


At the moment I think the Web 2.0 Social Media that I am going to use is Twitter. I instantly came up with ideas for this and I think that I will be able to come produce a better propaganda poster if I was to use this. In my sketch I am going to do sketches and brainstorms for both medias, but I will focusing more towards ideas for Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment