Tuesday 25 October 2011

Project Two: Web 2.0 Propaganda Posters

Brief
"You will produce at least one poster promoting as aspect of Web 2.0 Social Media which can be printed at up to A1 size. You should choose social media from the following list or discuss an alternative with your tutors:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flickr
  • Google+
  • LinkedIn
  • Blogger
  • Vimeo
  • YouTube
The design must be based on propaganda posters from a period of the twentieth century. You will research, collect and analyse examples of propaganda posters then generate ideas which match these to social media services, creating a suitable slogan which links the design to the service being promoted.
 
You will generate ideas for this project based on research and design development techniques (such as brainstorms, mood boards, sketches) and you will prepare a pitch which puts forward your proposed design solution with a review of how you reached those decisions. You need to explore type choices, colour palettes, poster designs and layouts in this pitch. Illustrator work in progress can be shown as part of this.
 
Your colour palette, graphic style and type choices must reflect the style and content of posters from your chosen period. The graphics will be entirely vector and you will create the artwork in Illustrator at A1 size.
  
You will keep a blog of research materials and project development, including research into propaganda posters, placing these into their historical context and analysing their design characteristics, design decisions, problem solving, software techniques, comments on drafts and crit, with notes on changes and improvements made in response to feedback.
 
You will also develop a sketchbook of visual research and analyses, sketches and idea development, experimentation in things like colour schemes, typography, drawing style, and proofing."
 
This is the brief for the second project, it is to produce a web 2.0 propaganda poster. To create the posters I will be using Illustrator, which is a new piece of software to me and I am looking forward to learning different techniques and to see what I can do in it compared to when I use Photoshop. Alongside coming up with a poster I need to make blog, this will show all my research into propaganda posters, my ideas for colour, typography and diffetent style layouts, it will also show my progression in the project and an evaluation. As well as that I need to produce a pitch, which will give an over view of the research I have done and my ideas that I have come up with. I plan to show clearly my ideas which will hopefully show my understanding into creating a propaganda poster that fits in with the requirements of the brief. Finally I will also have a sketch book, this is where I will be able to draw any ideas that I have, which will help me visually see what I want to do and it will help for developing it further, I will also come up with brainstorms.
The deadline for this project is Monday 28th November, which is a little longer than the previous project. I will definitely take what I learnt from the last project and use it for this one, I will make sure that I keep up to date on the work and not leave it all to the last minute and then rush through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment