Wednesday 19 October 2011

Evaluation


I think overall the project went pretty successfully. I am quite pleased with the outcome of my panoramas and feel that I have learnt a lot of new techniques, which will help later on.
I found the tutorials at the beginning of the project really helpful and gave me confidence to edit my own pictures. I learnt new techniques that would be good for things that I could do in the future in Photoshop. I also learnt a lot from going out and about taking my pictures. I wasn’t really familiar with using a tripod to help with taking photographs, so it came as a bit of a learning curve, as I needed to make sure the spirit level was in the middle in order to keep all the pictures level to help when it came to stitching. I think that I could improve by thinking more about the type of location that I’m going to use, by taking into consideration the surroundings, as I don’t think I really spent much time thinking about all the lines that I would be faced with, the different levels and the uneven ground.
I don’t think my time management was particularly great. I neglected keeping up to date with my blog, I focused more on the practical side of things and would have been better if I did a post like every day, to help me see the progress I am making. What would have been better is if I had made a schedule so that I’d give myself enough time to take all the pictures that I needed, made sure I spent time up dating my blog and then the rest of the time editing all my images.
The main things that I need to work is my time management and my organizational skills. For the next project I will make sure that I keep up to date with my blog, which will help me when it comes to the organization of my work. I will also spend more time thinking about my idea, rather than rushing through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment