Tuesday 18 October 2011

Panorama One



This is my first panoramic picture.



These are my first four images that I stitched together, I found this part quite tricky due to the trees and the shadows on the ground. To blend them together I overlapped the four images and then used layer masks to get blend the images together, I also needed to use the warp on the buildings in the background and on the path which runs through the par, this was to help me line everything to look as those it was one. Apart from blending the trees, I found the sky also quite difficult to blend as it was a different colour nearly on each photograph.                                                
The image on the left shows the first four images blended together. I think that I have managed to successfully put the images together in a way that makes it look seamless. 





These are the next four images that I stitched together, this particular section I found hard because of the fence at the front of the pictures. To blend them together I had to do a lot of warping to line the fence, I then faced a problem of matching the cars together and then trying to match the tree up. I found the layer mask tool useful as the fence came out a different colour in each picture, so I had to use the tool to help blend them, I then finished it off my changing the levels to get the colours right.  
 The image on the left shows the the next four pictures that I have blended together. I'm not sure whether this part was as successful as the first four, but I've done my best to try and get the fence to match up and for the images to look seamless.



These are the next lot of images that I stitched together. I found blending the bins together quite difficult as they were in different positions in the two pictures, I had to do a lot of warping and needed to use the layer mask tool to help with the blending. Another challenging part I came across was the patio part, it was hard enough with the lines on the ground but because of the shadow and the lighting it made more difficult to match and blend them together. 
The image on the left shows the images that are above stitched together. I think that I have been pretty successful in the blending of the images, however I feel that I could perhaps have used the layer masks and level tools better in order to make the sky all one colour.


These are the final two images that I stitched together. With the help of the layer mask and levels tool, I think that I managed to blend them well and making it look seamless. 
The image on the left shows the last two stitched together and I'm pleased with the outcome. I think it helped that there was quite a big overlap, which meant that it was a little easier to blend them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment