Wednesday 19 October 2011

Panorama 2

This is my second panorama.

These are my first six images of second panorama that I stitched together. I think that it helped with the fact when I took the pictures I tried to make sure that there was enough overlap to ensure that when it came to stitching them that it would be a little easier. I found the first part couple of images particularly tricky, the rope bridge and the building behind caused quite a problem as I had trouble with lining them up and blending them. To overcome the problem I need to open the first image in a new Photoshop document and then cut out the bridge and then the building behind, I then copied and pasted them into two separate layers and then went on to use the warp tool so that each part was lined up correctly, the next thing that I used was the layer mask tool this was to blend the two new layers with the rest of the picture. The next thing that was a bit of problem was lining up the fence. In each picture the fence was at different levels, which meant when it came to lining them up the fence became wonky and not straight. I used the warp tool to help me line it but by doing that some of the grass became a little distorted, to address the problem I used the layer mask tool and then the levels and that helped to blend the two pictures and matched the colours up as well. 
The image on the left is the first batch of images stitched together. I think that I managed to seamlessly put the images together and I am pleased with how it turned out. 






These are the next six images that I stitched together. There is quite a lot of overlap in each which made it easier for when it came to putting them together in Photoshop. I needed to do a lot of warping to line up the fences and the swing, which created quite a bit of blurring, to sort this problem I needed to use a layer mask to help me blend the images and then use the levels tool to match the colour of the grass and sky because the lighting is different in each picture.
The image on the left is what the images looked like stitched together. I think that I have managed to line up the fence well and also the swing, however down the middle I think that I could have blended the colours better as I can see the line where there are two different colours. What I would need to do is use the levels tool to help me match the colours up. Overall I think the rest of it was pretty successful.








Above are the next lot of images that I stitched together. I found these pictures particularly tricky to put together due to lunes on the fence and the different shades of green of the grass. I needed to do a lot of warping in order to line everything up and make sure it was all positioned correctly, the gate added to the difficulty as it was located in a different place on each picture. The angles in which I had taken the pictures made hard as well, I think that perhaps I could have made it more level which would have made a little easier for when it came to the editing stage.
The image on the left is what the images above looks like stitched together. I'm not sure whether it is as successful as some of the sections of the panorama, however I think that I have done my best in lining the pictures and its looks pretty seamless as well. For next time I will remember to make sure that the images need to be lined up which will then make it easier for the editing stage of stitching them together.  





Above are the next batch of images that I stitched together, I tried to get quite a lot overlap to make it a little easier. The bit that I found the most challenging was the corner part of the fence where the bin is, it was quite tricky lining it up but with the help of the warp tool and the layer mask I think that I was able to blend it rather well. The next challenge that I came across was the swing. I found it hard to line that up as well as the buildings, fence and trees that were behind it, I needed to use layer masks quite a lot to help me get it right with the blending and the warp tool to line and position everything.
The image on the left shows the images above stitched together. I think that I could have lined the fence better as it is a little wonky however I think I managed to blend the swing and the buildings behind it well. 















Above are the last lot of images that I stitched together, I found these pictures reasonably easy to stitch together because of the overlap and the fact I didn't need to do that much warping and only a little bit of layer masking. 
The image on the left is the final part of my panorama, I am pleased with the outcome and I think that I have managed to seamlessly stitch them together.








No comments:

Post a Comment