Wednesday 19 October 2011

Panorama 3

This is my third panoramic picture.
These are the first six pictures of my final panorama that I stitched together. Although I made sure that I had quite a bit of overlap on each picture, I found it really hard to match the colour of the sky and grass. I didn't need to use the warp that much compared to the use in the previous panoramas, however the layer mask tool and the levels tool came in useful and really helped in blending the images together. 
The image on the left is what the images look like stitched together. I feel pretty pleased with the result and I think that I managed to make it so that it looks seamless. With the help of the layer masks and levels I have been able to match the colours up successfully.

These are the next six pictures that I stitched together. I found these photos the hardest to stitch together because of the lighting in the last three images, I had to do a lot of layer masking and levels to try and get the colours the same. Another thing that helped me to overcome the problem was adding extra layers, I had to open one of my pictures which had the bush it in, selected it and then copy and paste it on to a new layer, to finish it off I used the layer mask tool to help blend the images together.
The image on the left is what the images look like stitched together. I'm not overly happy with the way it turned out, I really struggled with the different lighting and it shows in the results. I think that I managed to line everything up well and in that sense make it look seamless, however the lighting part of the image let me down. 

These are the next six images that I stitched together. I found these a little easier to put together compared to the previous six. I didn't need to use the warp a great deal and there was enough overlap to make it reasonably easy to put together, to make it look more like one image I used the layer mask tool and then the levels tool which helped in creating the same colours.
The image on the left shows what the pictures above look like stitched together. I feel that I could have perhaps used the levels tool better in the sense of making it more seamless rather than being able to see some of the lines down the middle.

The images above are the final ones I stitched together. By having quite a bit of overlap, it made it easier for when I came to join them together. I didn't really need to use the levels tool due to the fact the colours where the same in each picture, I needed to use layer masks to help with the blending.
The image on the left shows the final batch of images stitched together. I think I have managed to make it look seamless and I am pleased with the blending that I did to help me achieve the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment