Sunday 14 October 2012

My next steps…


Before I think about how I want my Ebook to visually, I need to sort out the content that I am going to put into it. What I'll need to do is go through the account in which my Great Grandma wrote and from there sort out each sections and take key parts out. From this point I'll be able to then sort out how I want to lay it out and what animations I want. 
Then I am going to move on to how I visually want my Ebook to look. I’ll need to think about relevant designs that would fit in with the account, this means I will need to research the era the account was written for inspiration, look for suitable fonts and think about colours and backgrounds.
I have already got some ideas about how I’m going to set out the Ebook and how I’ll break down the content in chapters. On saying this, I need to development and experiment with what I am thinking of by experimenting and coming up with mock ups whilst along side that coming up with sketches and storyboards in my sketch book. All of this will also be in preparation for my pitch in a weeks time.

------------------------------------

These are some rough and notes that I have come up with to do with my Great Grandma's account:

- Based on the account, could do her life during 1939
- A website called, www.ournewhaven.co.uk - I can use this site to find out more information and find images which are relevant to her account
- Break down each section of the account into sections
- She talks about rationing - maybe have animations of the amount of food
- Where she lived - Mount Pleasant, Denton - What she could see from her house - find images of the area
- What she did during the time
- I could perhaps include what my Great Grandad did as well
- Find suitable fonts to fit in with the theme of the time in which the account was written
- In the account she talks about posters - I could either find suitable images or draw them
- Audio, have the account read - See if my Grandma can do it

No comments:

Post a Comment