Thursday 4 October 2012

First thoughts...

On receiving the brief, there wasn’t a family story that immediately came to mind. I did start by thinking about my grandparents and their childhoods but I was struggling to think of anything that I thought would be a good idea for an ebook. 
In my sketch I have began by drawing a rough family tree, I thought that this would help me to see who I can target and who to ask for good stories. I have also started doing a double page spread of ideas of potential stories that I can think of, and I'll be talking to my Grandparents and seeing what ideas I can come up with based on the knowledge I have received from them.
My initial thoughts of ideas are targeting my Grandad on my Dad's side and my Grandma on my Mum's side. My Grandad is Malaysian, so I'm thinking that I could find an interesting story through that, however it would be quite a struggle with finding information out as he is currently in Malaysia which means contacting him will be pretty hard. On the other hand I am really close to my Grandma so I can easily talk to her about her family's history and gather helpful documents and pictures to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment