Wednesday 10 October 2012

Initial Ideas

In my sketch book I have started a double page spread of potential ideas based on what I know and what could potentially be used with more research. Here are some of my ideas:

- My Grandad coming from Malaysia -> perhaps talking to my Dad and seeing if he knows any of his family history, as my Grandad is on holiday.

- My Grandma and Grandad living in Malaysia lived in Malaysia for a few years -> they might have some interesting stories, my Dad also used to live out there when he was younger; he might have some funny/ interesting stories about what it was like living out there as a young boy and what school was like too.

- In Penang my family used to own whole street, which was quite an expensive area, they ended up giving it away to the church -> I would need to explore further into when this actually happened, why the did and try and source some relevant images.

- The house that I live in -> this is where my Grandma lived when she was young and grew up here, I could look into the family history of the house; find out when the house was built and pictures of it and the street during the time that my Grandma lived here.

- My Mum was one of the first babies born in 1970

No comments:

Post a Comment