Thursday 29 December 2011

Colours, Fonts and Images

Colours




This is the colour scheme that I came up with. Instead of searching for a colour scheme and finding one on the internet, I decided to make my own which is based on the images of posters that I found. I made this is in Illustrator, I used to the colour pick tool to pick out these different colours and shades. I don't think that I would use every colour in my design, however I feel that I am not limited as to what I can use and I'm able to expand more with my designs. I would use a red, blue, green and black in each design, but with the colour scheme that I have made I am able to choose different shades which will help to when it comes to making buildings.

Fonts


After looking at colour schemes, I moved on to have a look at different font faces which relate to Art Deco. Above is a screen shot, which shows the different fonts that I found, I got these from dafont.com. There was quite of Art Deco style fonts on this website, however these were the ones that I picked out as they caught my eye. I found that these were also easy to read, which is helpful for being on a poster. There are four fonts in particular that I like, 'Riesling', 'Andes', 'Bellerose' and 'Park Lane', I think these look most like an Art Deco style and at the same time I think they would still look clear on a poster and even a leaflet.

Images

In my sketch book I have started sketching images in this style. I have copied a few posters that I liked and will develop these to potential designs for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment