Monday 7 May 2012

Research: One Page Websites

Whilst I was looking through different one page websites, I came across this page:



I was instantly drawn to the design of this website and I felt that the graphics that had been used were something that I would quite like to include/ incorporate into the design of my own website. There wasn't anything that I didn't about the page, I thought that the colours worked really well and the effect in my opinion worked really effective. The images were something that I particularly liked and were the thing that drew me to looking through the page, I liked the idea of having the image one colour and avoiding the detail, on the bird for example. Again the effect on the images worked really well and made the page more interesting to look at.


The title on the page was something that stood out for me and I thought that it would be something that I would quite like to have a go at experimenting and try and put my own spin on. I really like the idea of the different fonts for each word and also having some in capitals; I thought that it was really effective and was at the same time still really clear and easy to read. I also thought that the colours that were chosen for the text worked really well too, for me it broke down the words clearly especially they were spaced right next to each. This is definitely something that I am going to experiment and try out for my own design.


This was another website that I really liked. There are some elements in this page that I really like and would like to take out and incorporate into my own design. In particular the colour scheme was something that drew me to the page, I thought that even though they are fairly dark colours they stood out really well on the page and worked well as a whole. Another part that I like the imagery, I think that this would be the sort of things that I would include in my own however I would probably take the idea of just using colour for the imagery and avoiding adding detail like the eyes for examples. The font is the final thing that I would take away from the page and incorporate in the same way as the previous web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment