Wednesday 16 May 2012

Imagery Ideas

Now that I done my mock up, I'm now going to experiment with imagery that I could include on my site.



These are some images that I collected, when I was searching for ideas.



Above are some of the images that I have drawn and experimented with in Illustrator. Some of the images I have traced and then coloured using my chosen colour scheme and then the others I have just experimented with using shapes.


With this image I made three versions using the colours from my colour scheme. In Illustrator I traced the original image and then just coloured it in. I'm not overly keen on these images and I don't think they would work particularly well in my design, however I think that it would be worth experimenting with these and play around with different effects and changing the opacity.


I really liked the original that I found and I'm pleased with how it turned out after I traced it in Illustrator. I think that my chosen colour scheme works really well with the imagery. I think that I am going to include this in my design although I might try out repeating the use of the branch down the page but I don't think that I will use the owl on every branch and try out different imagery for it.


After drawing both of the images, I then went on to put them together to make one image.



These images are a result of experimenting in Illustrator. I wasn't overly sure as the sort of images that I wanted to include, so I thought that it would be a pretty good idea to play around and try and come up with my own images using different shapes. I experimented with using hexagons to make a flower and also the circle. I really like the result of using the circle tool for the flower, I wasn't sure as to what sort of result that I would get so I just tried overlapping and rotating the shape and I came with these. 


This was another owl image that I found. I had a go at tracing this and colouring it in. I decided to experiment with some effects and tried out the 'film grain', which worked pretty well.

Another idea for imagery that I came up with is bunting. I thought that it would fit in pretty well with the imagery that I already want to include and I could use my chosen colour scheme to fill it as well. I started off by browsing through images of bunting and I found this one above. I opened it up in Illustrator and traced it. Although the colours are from my colour scheme, I wanted to use these for each flag to represent the software that I have used. For example the blue represents Photoshop, the orange represents Illustrator, red represents Final Cut Pro and yellow represents Text Wrangler.





After coming with the idea of having the branch image dotted on the page, I then started to think about what other images I have on the branch. I then remembered that in my room I have got some hanging hearts, I also have seen quite a lot of them in shops too, I thought that I would try out having a heart hanging from one of the branches. Once I came up with this idea I then had a look for images of hanging hearts and the one above is an example that I particularly liked. I opened the image in Illustrator and went on to trace one of the hearts. Instead of using a colour from my colour scheme I decided to chose a slightly darker shade of pink, which I think works well and I will try to incorporate this colour into another part of my design so that this image doesn't look odd when it sticks out more than the other images. Here I have tried out hanging the heart on the branch and I think that it works really well and also looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment