Thursday 26 April 2012

Evaluation and Testing

Testing


Google Chrome
Internet Explorer
Safari
I tested my website in Internet Explorer, Safari and Google Chrome. Sadly my title didn't come up in Internet Explorer, so I will need to sort this out so that it does. I also found that some of the styling that I put in didn't really work in Internet Explorer, however on the other hand it was fine in the other two browsers. 

---------------------------------------------------------


Evaluation

I think, overall I have struggled with this project the most out of the ones I have so far done. Even though it has been a struggle there have been parts of the project that I have enjoyed and learnt a lot from. Initially coming up with an idea was hard, however I think the client that I had was really helpful and I was able to contact him with questions about content and the feedback he had, which I felt make the project less stressful because I didn't have to wait ages for content or input.
For me making the website was a real challenge. I have never had experience of making a website using html and css, so I wasn't really in my comfort zone when it came to making my site independently. There was quite a few lessons with tutorials that I found really useful in getting me used to the code and how to go about the styling. Although these tutorials were useful, I felt by the time I came to doing it on my own over the Easter holidays I was completely lost and I wasn't sure how to go about starting with the basic structure. After Easter we had a lesson which helped us to get started with the structure, for me this was really good and was the sort of thing that would have beneficial to me before the holidays. However once I got started I managed to get the hang of the code I was able to complete 12 page website, which I thought was a good achievement as I had never made a website in this way before. 
Working with the client was really good experience and I have been lucky with the way I have been able to email him with my questions and mocks and him being quick in responding and helping with good feedback. I was able to get on and make my design/ mock up pretty easily as I had plenty of content sent to me quite early on in the project, which was really positive.
I feel I have really learnt a lot with this project and I think I can really apply with what has gone on with this project with future ones. My time management hasn't been particularly great, however I think the time off for the Easter really slowed me down as I was really struggling and couldn't find tutorials online to follow easily. I also think that I didn't really use my sketch book as effectively I should have done, but I think that I should try and use the book more effectively in the next project. 
Lastly, I feel that my overall website turned out fairly well. I am not completely happy with it as I think there is a lot I can do to improve and make it better. Saying this though, the fact a couple of weeks ago I wasn't able to make one page of my website I think ending up with a 12 page website is a real achievement for me and I feel proud of this.


My Final Website








No comments:

Post a Comment