Sunday 10 June 2012

Evaluation

Out of all the projects that I have done on this course, this has been my favourite. I found coming up with an idea pretty easy even with the freedom, in the past I have struggled with ideas when I have the freedom however I found it easier to come with an idea for myself. With this project I wanted to make sure that I did really well and update my blog and sketch book on a regular basis to ensure I didn't fall behind.
From the experience of the previous project of making a website, I made sure that I was better prepared for when it came to make my own. I took a lot more time in planning my idea and ensuring that I knew exactly how I want it to look and feel. At the beginning of the project I did quite a lot of research into existing one page websites, which helped with some inspiration for a design for my own site. After doing this I was then to start experimenting and come up with mock up ideas in Illustrators, along side this I was also making using of sketchbook which I have struggled to with previous projects. Once I had established a full mock up I felt confident in starting to build my site using html and css. Based on what I learnt from the last project I felt that it was a good idea to make my basic layout first and then add the content; images and text afterwards, which I found to be a great help. I was surprised at how much I had learnt in html and css and found myself in nearly every lesson just sitting down and getting on with developing and making my site. I also found that I was able to over come difficulties and problems that I came across although it took me a little while to work it out, I found that once I did it helped me to understand what was going on and what I missed or did wrong. Throughout making my site I did change some of ideas as I struggled with making some of things that I wanted. I decided to put all of my work straight underneath the text, which wasn't my original idea. I had originally what to use a slider so that in each box there would be an arrow that would slide a long and then show my work, however even after looking at tutorials I still couldn't do it so I just decided to change my idea slightly.
I really found that my time management has improved during this project. I made sure that I blogged at least twice a week with the hope of perhaps doing more and also tried to start my sketchbook right at the start of the project and use it throughout my progression. I really wanted to focus on doing well in this project, which I think helped with me updating my blog and ensuring I do the best that I can. 
I feel that after this project I think that I have a good idea now about what I need to do for the second year to ensure I don't fall behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment